LCDs waste management is a big issue right now. As the relentless wave of waste displays continues to grow and expand, recyclers are struggling to keep up. In particular, SME recyclers that are the backbone of the European recycling industry, are facing the harshest conditions to deal with these wastes without the capability to invest massive capital into bespoke technology development, which in turn can be risky. This means that we need to find new solutions that will allow us to manage the LCD waste in a more sustainable way.
Votechnik have spent 10 years with highly qualified teams of engineers and scientists qualifying and derisking the technology.
In this article, we answer some of the most common questions about modern waste management technologies, helping companies become aware of the technology available to them and its impact on sales, costs and marketing:
- Why is technology important in waste management?
- Are new technologies recycle electronic waste better than humans?
- What impact does a new technology have on the waste management companies?
- What is the technology that would change the waste management industry?
Smart LCDs Waste Management – the benefits of Innovative Technologies
LCDs waste management is a very complex process that involves an adequate mix of activities in the collection, storage, shipment, processing, destination and final disposal stages. All this should not only be constantly monitored, but also updated and updated on a regular basis. Unfortunately, proper management of LCDs waste is a real challenge for the industry – most of today’s waste management systems cannot cope with the tons of TVs, LCDs and other monitors that are created every day. This challenge is well known to all TV recycling companies worldwide.
Lucky for all of us, the speed of technological progress is increasing year by year. It is the best time to understand that smart LCDs waste management is the most efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution of all.
Therefore, companies should invest in improving their internal processes with special software and the newest machine to get the best results from using the latest technologies. Everything that suits their needs, supports the optimization of workflow and helps break away from outdated methods will be better than the old way of doing things. Otherwise, not only will we not be able to solve the problem of growing piles of waste, but in the long run we will become the main cause of the growing problem in general.
Benefits of investing in LCD waste management
The following benefits are among the reasons why investing in innovative technology in LCDs waste management and TV recycling is a must:
- helps in the implementation of the National Solid Waste Policy,
- facilitates information management and data centralization, avoiding rework and failure in the process,
- reduces the possibility of environmental liabilities and taxes for the company,
- comprehensive management and control of licences and other documents,
- optimises the preparation of reports and inventory as well as all the other processes,
- helps in meeting the company’s goals, deadlines, and other important business milestones,
- setting waste reduction targets and leading to its completion,
- generating indicators facilitating decision-making and continuous improvement.
With the help of technology in LCDs waste management and TV recycling, it is possible to quickly detect processes that generate more waste, enabling more assertive improvement actions, reducing the amount of waste generated, and thus the costs of transport and final disposal.
Innovative technologies revolutionising LCDs waste management and LCD recycling
In addition to traditional recycling efforts, artificial intelligence (AI) in recycling has become the latest sustainability trend. One of its significant advantages is the ability to train artificial intelligence, allowing it to learn and adapt over time.
Votechnik has built the TV and LCD recycling, the most advanced “Plug and Play” machine available on the market. The ALR4000 uses deep technology to primarily focus on processing LCDs and TVs. This development series saw the integration of robotics into the system to achieve an increased process rate of 1 LCD processed every minute and a reduction in the machine’s footprint.
The technology was developed under European Commissions Eco-innovation programme by Votechnik (project: www.ReVolvproject.eu ) and a multi- stakeholder partnership. It specifically focuses on depollution of the displays allowing their subsequent shredding and contributing to circular economy by retaining the secondary raw materials value of these waste fractions.
The ALR4000 technology meets the needs of and empowers the SME recycling ecosystem while building out the technology infrastructure needed for our smart cities and communities dealing with a vast growing stream of waste displays.
By using AI, smart cities have a chance to visibly reduce how many old TV and LCDs end up in landfills and create easier and more sustainable recycling-centre sorting.
On top of that, the use of artificial intelligence and automation in LCD recycling offers opportunities to improve efficiency and lower operating costs, increasing the value of secondary resources and improving the economics of recycling. The ALR4000 is by far the most advanced Robotics Technology available on the market.
Following an amazing Ellen MacArthur Foundation we are pleased that our technology allows to:
- Avoid costly rejections by approving contamination-free material for resale
- Eliminate error-prone manual monitoring processes
- Avoid system downtime by anticipating problems and eliminating it beforehand
- Prevent hazards that can cause physical injury to people
- Identify material volume and composition trends to optimise operations.
If you want to learn more about Votechnik or the technology around the ALR4000 and its benefits for the LCD recycling industry, we invite you to contact us or visit the subpage dedicated to The ALR4000.